Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shipping Packaged Bees


This is a picture of the package that the bees for the Alexis Hive was shipped in. When I picked the bees up at the Post Office a lot of customers that was in line behind me took a few steps back. Many said they had no idea that bees wre shipped thru the mail. Going to the car with my bundle people actually got back in their cars till I passed. As you can see this is a very sturdy container. Anywhere on the wood that has a knot in it the shipper has placed a cloth screen over the knot in case the knot worked loose during shipping. This package came from southeast Georgia and arrived at my location in two days. The can you see is filled with sugar water that the bees feed on during shipping. The Queen is kept to herself till the other bees get adjusted to her presence. I feel the Postal Service does a good job when it comes to shipping bees. You can bet they will call you to come and get them as soon as they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment